Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Notes Since My Last Post
- I finished my book. You know, the one with the 1940’s clichés. It made me want to hang out with Brian until he was sick of me in case something awful happened and he had to go to war (but he assured me that he’s too old to get drafted, even if they reinstate the draft – which, in retrospect, he may have said to get me to stop clinging to him).
- Sam’s better. He ate a ton of food on Sunday, and even a little grass, and didn’t puke (which even when he’s healthy, grass sometimes makes him puke – so gross). Anyway, another sign that Sammers is doing well is that he’s obnoxious again. Which, ironically, is a little relieving.
- I got to see my friend, Jenny (from Battle Creek), yesterday. It was good to see her, the last time I saw her was for about 3 seconds at our wedding (not a time to sit, chat, and catch up). It made me realize how much I miss working there. Not for the work, but for the people. I had some great co-workers. Not that I don’t now, because I do, I guess I just miss them.
- I did four loads of laundry last night. Ugh. And folded and hung up most of it. Double Ugh. But it’s done now and hopefully I won’t have to worry about it again until next week.
- We’re going to Pinconning this weekend. I’m very, very happy about that. It’s been a long time, and I’m definitely due for a Purtell’s chocolate shake (for those of you who don’t know what Purtell’s is – it is only the best greasy spoon in American history). I also think I’m going to go to Fabric Fair and pick up the quilt fabric I’ve been coveting since the last time I was at Fabric Fair (before I learned how to quilt).
- Speaking of quilting. In between loads of wash, I was working on my second quilt when I realized that I’m about 1/8 of a yard short of one of the fabrics. Annoying. Now, there’s nothing else I can do until I go to the store and get literally 2.5 more inches of fabric.
- We’re out of popcorn. It’s amazing how you want things that you normally don’t when they’re not available. Brian always wants popcorn, and has been really craving it, and I’ve been craving since we’ve been out, and well… I guess we just need to get some popcorn.