Monday, June 25, 2007
Things I Learned at High School Girls’ Camp ‘07
- “Girls’ camp is not a diet camp.” The food is really, really good and expected to be eaten.
- Four inch Stiletto heals do not a great camp shoe choice when it has rained the entire weekend.
- Two hours of sleep a night is enough when you’ve spent the other four hours of non-sleep praying that you’ll make it through the next day (the pop and candy helped too).
- If you can unwrap a Starburst in your mouth you will be a good kisser (I don’t know if this is true or not because I was not about to try this in front of the 15 year-old girls who told me about it and who spent the rest of the weekend practicing this technique).
- When it takes a pair of jeans 32 hours to dry, it is humid.
- When your husband tells you (on a 95 degree day) to pack a sweatshirt to head south, listen to him.
- Showering at camp is a useless activity.