Officially Technological

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ugh. What A Week.

So.... I lost my job. Gr. It turns out that the college that I currently instruct at is trying to get accredited for a Baccalaureate program, and guess what? You need a master's degree. Which, of course, I don't have. Gr. I hate looking for jobs and I hate looking for a job at the holidays even more. I'm trying not to panic. And some days I do very well with that. :) And on a more serious note than you will typically see on my blog - I think I've realized the reason why I panic. This might sound crazy, but I feel like if I don't panic, I'll lose my edge and not care and not actually get anything done. It's weird that I've convinced myself that I need the adrenalin of panic to be productive. It’s actually not true, but for some reason it feels true. So, I’m focusing on not panicking and staying productive anyway. I think I’ve been doing pretty well. Brian’s been really helpful and sweet, so I’ve been really thankful for that.

Brian and I have actually thought that maybe I should be easing into a tutoring business, but I know how long it takes to build up clientele and I’m thinking it would be nice to have a steady income so that I can build it up slowly. So, that’s what we’re hoping for. We’ll see. *sigh*
posted by Julie at 1:14 PM

2 Comments:

Job searches are no fun. Especially when you're just thrown into one. I'll be praying for you, that something good will turn up for you soon.

16/12/06 16:55  

Sorry to hear about your job. :( They are losing out. Just cause you have a masters degree doesn't make you a better teacher! I hope the job search goes okay. Let us know when you have any prospects so we can pray!

17/12/06 07:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home