Officially Technological

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Favorite Things

You know that song?... Of course you know that song. Everyone knows that song, and it's probably now playing in all of your heads (hehe - oh, the power!)... "Girls in white dresses, with blue satin sashes, Snowflakes that stay on your nose and your lashes, Silver white winters that melt into springs, These are a few of my favorite things..." Full orchestra, Julie Andrews and eight children dancing wildly on her bed... Yup, it's stuck in your head now.

Anyway, I forced my roommate to watch "The Sound of Music" with me, because she's never seen it before, and I thought that everyone should see it, even if they hate it (like me). So, while we were watching the movie, I was (probably for the first time) paying attention to the actual words of the songs, and I realized that none of Julie Andrew's favorite things are my favorite things. For an example, I don't know if I've ever seen a girl with a white dress and blue satin sash. I don't have any particular adoration to "bright copper kettles," nor do I have a distinct enjoyment of "Cream colored ponies."

So here are some of my "Favorite Things".

That's enough for now. What are some of your favorite things?

posted by Julie at 10:05 AM

6 Comments:

Things I love...
Fall (more specifically the crunch of leaves and the smokey smell of them burning)
Being the first person awake in the house
Gallons and gallons of coffee
Kids
Recieving a random email or phone call from someone I have not talked to in a while
The first snow
Ice cream
Hugs
A good design
Photography
"I'll Fly Away"

And Julie, I must agree. Ms. Andrews has quite the random collection of "Favorite Things". I can whole heartedly agree with silver white winters, however, I am forced to adamantly disagree with the melting into springs.

18/5/05 11:22  

You know, Brooke, we do have good schools up here in Michigan. You could come up here and have your "silver white winters" and be at home for the summer before they "melt into spring." :) Just a suggestion.

18/5/05 12:27  

I'm beginning to wonder if I will have to move to Michigan through the sheer force of suggestion by you and Michelle.

...not that it would be all that bad...hmmmm

18/5/05 12:39  

Whatever works. We're like scavengers up here. We'll pick off whatever we can. :)

19/5/05 09:39  

My favorite things include:
Mud
Doritos (yes i know they're bad, but they're still my favorite)
Crocheting in front of the tv
That shivery feeling you get when you can smell the change in weater (don't really get that much here)
My kitchen when it's clean (notice cleaning the kitchen will not make this list)
Really funny comedians that actually make you laugh
Riding my bike really fast
Singing in church... I'm so totally all about singing in church
Libraries
Cats and kittens
Red-brick-and-ivy type buildings
Books with stories in them that are interesting and lots of stuff happens
Learning things

Though I do have to admit, that except for wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, I like just about all of the things mentioned in the song. Even the schnitzel with noodles (which shows how weird i am, because not only can't i spell it, i have no idea what it is and knowing me i wouldn't eat it. but it's fun to sing.)

19/5/05 14:16  

I don't like any shivery feelings. Especially the ones that occur when the seasons are changing. :)

19/5/05 14:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home