Officially Technological

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Gonna burst if I don't brag for a sec.

While I was in Kansas, it was frequently mentioned that 'for a Northerner', I'm 'cold a lot'. And that is true. I remember chasing around outside with bare feet on a snow day (from school), and not being cold. I also remember swimming in pools that were 60 degrees and not being cold. But one year, I think my body said, "I'm tired of making you warm, why don't you make me warm for a change?" And I've been cold ever since. I can get a chill when it's 75 degrees (that's what we call the dog-days of summer in Michigan). I can pile 6 blankets on my bed, and still need socks. I can wear two long-sleeved shirts at a time and that's spring attire.

With that said, I think you all can appreciate why I need to brag for a second. At this moment at 10:19 PM in Phoenix, AZ absolutely every square inch of me is warm. Not just thawed, but actually warm. It was 92 degrees today, but no humidity. My friend Beth and I rode bikes, I wasn't overheated. I've sat in the sun; not too hot. It's been bliss. So, hello from Phoenix! I'm warming up, and will be back soon! Hope to bring some of this back with me.
posted by Julie at 1:04 AM

1 Comments:

bam: lol. Almost everyone in Kansas was like, "Do you know Alan Banwert?"

12/5/05 16:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home