Monday, August 08, 2005
Observations From A Solitary Weekend
- When your battery light comes on and stays on, don't blow it off.
- If you're going to be stranded in someone else's house, pick a person who isn't on a Carb-Free diet.
- When a dog chews up a remote control, much like Humpty Dumpty, it will never be put back together again.
- I now know Ken and Janet's neighbors better than I know my own.
- Any person with a working automobile is instantly appreciated.
- Sympathy is a natural instinct, but a solution is preferred.
- When you can't sleep at 6:00 (because you're worrying) on a weekend morning, even a Michael Thurman "6 Week Body Makeover" infomercial will not put you back to sleep.
- Neither will the incredibly ridiculous movie, "Day After Tomorrow".
- When it rains it pours (but really that's a whole different post).
- When you lay in one position eight hours you will get sore.
- For being a person with such incredibly bad, and I mean bad luck, I am "fortunate" in several ways (Ex: My car never stopped running - though all the lights went out, I am house-sitting two minutes from work - so a co-worker could pick me up, and my favorite way that I'm fortunate is that Ken and Janet's next door neighbor is a retired mechanic who should be working on my car as we speak).
So, there you have it folks. There's my weekend in a nutshell. Just when you think you can't get any more stressed out, you probably can. :)