Wednesday, September 14, 2005
The Military Channel
- They play neat abrasive music (ba-da-BUM-ba-da-BUM-ba-da-BUM...ne-ne-ne-NE-ne-ne-ne-NE)
- They flash pictures of stuff getting blown up ever 15 seconds (sometimes they'll do two or three in a row if they want to get their point across)
- The narrator has a low mysterious voice
- They use verbs like "dominating", "striking", "attacking" (nothing passive aggressive like "controlling")
- They show tanks 20 feet wide driving through the suburban streets of modern day Germany
- They show the full body slam when people parachute out of planes. (You know how Hollywood shows a neat little run as the soldier gently lowers to the ground? That's bunk. The Military Channel shows lots of full belly slaps as troops come down.)
- They show military vehicles kicking up enough dust to confuse anyone as they going tearing around.
- They have a huge fascination with vehicles running through enough water to cover their tires (or whatever they have).
Yes, the Military Channel is a neat channel. I highly recommend it. If you need ten minutes of straight up abrasion, the Military Channel is a must-see.