Thursday, September 22, 2005
My Love/Hate Relationship With My Job
- I love how cops let you off with a "warning" when they find out you're a Fed.
- I love how all job assignments start with the sentence, "When you get time."
- I love how quirky everyone is. I mean, take Office Space, multiply by ten and you have a Fed.
- I love my training program. It's fun always going to class, and it's interesting.
- Traveling with the government is the bomb. You get all kinds of perks other people don't get.
- I get to play ping-pong.
Things I Hate
- It takes forever to complete even the simplest task.
- The favorite line is, "That's not my job."
- The second favorite line is, "I don't know who's job it is." (I mean, com'on! Do you live in a hole?)
- The third favorite line is, "Maybe you should just be more flexible." (As my friend, Cameron says, that is nails on a chalkboard.)
- Never knowing where your going, when you're going to be there, and why you don't have a say.
- "Retention" plans that are completely one-sided, where I promise to do anything at any time and any where, and their end is, "good, than we can assure you that you will have some sort of employment no matter how lame, where it is, etc." I'm pretty sure McDonalds can promise more than that.
Overall, I can't say I don't like my job, nor can I honestly say that I do like it. More or less, when people ask how I like my job I say something vague to the effect of "Sometimes." Little do they know that the "sometimes" that I "like" my job, I actually love it, and the other times, I despise it.