Officially Technological

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"Word" Verification

OK, so I like blogger's new "word verification" tool. It keeps the spammers out and all, but I think they're really using the word "word" as liberally as possible. I'm mean, it what language is "qhfukeb" a word? If it's a word in your language please let me know, as I'm about seriously question the validity of Blogger.

Sorry guys, I don't have much to say today. Somehow sitting in class for nine hours studying what seemed like a bajillion exceptions to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act has really zapped me pretty dry......







........Well, I didn't sit there for nine hours straight............ I had an hour lunch................... and a few unauthorized breaks to call my friends................. and one unautherized break to watch some lame home decor show............... but that's besides the point! I'm fried!

Have a good night, maybe I'll write something more interesting tomorrow.
posted by Julie at 7:17 PM

12 Comments:

P.S. My hair smells pretty.... like lavender.

(I thought I slide that in there since the "theme" of my whole post is a dazed kind of random.)

27/9/05 19:31  

random's always good!

or maybe my brain's just fried...

zstrfo -- blogger's word of the moment!

28/9/05 02:53  

I'd rather just have the spam in my blog.

Your class sounds totally painful. You have my sympathy.

Last night, I had a dream that I was taking a class of some sort, and the teacher was really hot, and he asked me to stay after, and then he...
told me what a good writer I am. How pathetic is that? Also, how's that for random? :)

28/9/05 11:26  

Pretty random. :) I don't know if I ever had a really good-looking teacher. I can imagine that that would be really distracting.

Dona: How's the paper coming? :)

qipdjg -- my blogger verification word.

28/9/05 13:07  

oh sweet! I just got uioui!

28/9/05 13:42  

Julie, after getting your second voicemail in two weeks and then an email, I promise I will call you the next time I have time. I'm feeling like a friend from....
...

....

...Kansas....

Blogger Word of the Moment: vgcvuav

28/9/05 14:53  

paper's done...since about 2 this morning :D

acyzdvy

28/9/05 14:57  

I've had very good looking teachers. They were a realy pain in the butt. Attitutde. The work is Kazaeh. I expected something to appear when I typed it.

28/9/05 17:59  

My word was zpdlyl.

Is it just me or is the font funky?

I am not understanding how this is going to protect blogs from spam, won't the spam people just type the word in too? Then again it is 6:30 in the morning and I am just waking up.

29/9/05 06:42  

The bigger question is...
is blogger a word?

Well...at least it has vowels. My word verification thingy is "pslqhk". I have to look down at the keyboard for the q, no one uses a q when they type. I bet spammers will NEVER figure that one out!

29/9/05 09:22  

Spammers don't actually come onto your site, they just randomly send messages to a hundred or so blogs. That's why it keeps them out because they actually have to enter the site and verify that they've been there.

Maryann: Nope, "blogger" is not a word. Funnier yet, the spell check in "blogger" kicks it back every time (if you haven't already noticed).

Brooke: It's all good. I understand busy. Well, not so much right now because I have the most boring job on the planet, but before this job I understood busy. :)

Dona: Congrats on finishing your paper. Writing papers on things like math, engineering, etc. is usually a really big drag.

OHHH! I got vowels this time!! "mizweaf"

29/9/05 13:57  

julie where did you go??? having withdrawals here

4/10/05 12:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home