Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Julie's Definitions For "Leave" Days
- Annual Leave - Days in which you're in perfect health and that you take off for vacation or vacation-like purposes. Acceptable uses: planned vacations, unplanned Friday afternoon getaways.
- Sick Leave - Days in which you are feeling either physically or emotionally compromised and need to recuperate in order to function normally and/or days in which you have a medical examination of any kind. Acceptable uses: dentist appointments, feeling "ucky", mental health days.
- Holiday Leave - Days that are set aside for national holidays.
- Administrative Leave - Days that are approved of by a supervisor that doesn't fit into any of the other categories. Acceptable uses: time off to vote, religious holidays that are not otherwise authorized, donating blood.
So far this week I've had accumulated two sick days, and today, I am at work, though I feel like a limp rag. So, if I took another day off just to sit at home and feel like a limp rag would that be a sick day? I've kinda been doing my work. I haven't really finished anything because the ADD really kicks in when I feel like a limp rag, but I can't say as though I'm feeling "compromised". Some examples of my ADD are as follows:
- The "September" sheet from my big desk calendar torn off and laying by my inbox because for some reason folding it up and putting it in my emergency "what classes did I take last month?" file seems too hard to pull off.
- There is a banana not quite eaten on sitting by my keyboard because I'm too tired to either finish it or throw it out.
- My keys are laying on my desk for the same reason the other things are on my desk.
Things I've accomplished today:
- I've managed to fax Budget Car Rental my official government orders because they didn't give me my government rate last week. >: Grr.
- I went to two staff meetings (my nails were the main attraction at both).
So, is there any leave time for those I'm trying to recover from the foggy, "I was sick, but now am just tired" days? Is that a sick day or a vacation day? And I think I will start lobbying for "limp rag" days. For days when you're just off enough to not be exactly productive but well enough to drag into work.