Officially Technological

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Julie's Definitions For "Leave" Days

Yes, the DoD is weird like that and calls all days off "leave" like we're in the military (which, the more I see of this place the more I realize that these people are closet militants :) ). So, here are the various types of leave that is available to a FED and my definition of what each type means.
  1. Annual Leave - Days in which you're in perfect health and that you take off for vacation or vacation-like purposes. Acceptable uses: planned vacations, unplanned Friday afternoon getaways.
  2. Sick Leave - Days in which you are feeling either physically or emotionally compromised and need to recuperate in order to function normally and/or days in which you have a medical examination of any kind. Acceptable uses: dentist appointments, feeling "ucky", mental health days.
  3. Holiday Leave - Days that are set aside for national holidays.
  4. Administrative Leave - Days that are approved of by a supervisor that doesn't fit into any of the other categories. Acceptable uses: time off to vote, religious holidays that are not otherwise authorized, donating blood.

So far this week I've had accumulated two sick days, and today, I am at work, though I feel like a limp rag. So, if I took another day off just to sit at home and feel like a limp rag would that be a sick day? I've kinda been doing my work. I haven't really finished anything because the ADD really kicks in when I feel like a limp rag, but I can't say as though I'm feeling "compromised". Some examples of my ADD are as follows:

Things I've accomplished today:

So, is there any leave time for those I'm trying to recover from the foggy, "I was sick, but now am just tired" days? Is that a sick day or a vacation day? And I think I will start lobbying for "limp rag" days. For days when you're just off enough to not be exactly productive but well enough to drag into work.

posted by Julie at 2:55 PM

1 Comments:

I'd say you're doing it just right. Drag yourself into work, and then be a limp rag there. At least it's less noticable.

6/10/05 14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home