Thursday, August 11, 2005
My Favorite heroes and Heroines
- Joseph (Old testament): Because he was merciful
- William Wallace (Braveheart): Because he was unafraid and because he left a legacy
- Oscar Schindler (Who saved Jews during the Holocaust): Because he was placed on this earth "for such a time as this"
- Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Predjudice): Because she was clever and intuitive
- Phileas Fogg (Around the World in Eighty Days): Because he stepped out of the norm
- Abraham Lincoln: Because he stood firm
- Henry V (Shakespeare): Because he proved himself a man
- Sister Helen Prejean (Dead Man Walking): Because she didn't mince words
- Ethan Frome (Book by Edith Wharton): Because he was dutiful
- Jean Valjean (Les Miserables): Because he showed grace
- Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird): Because he was wise
- Lord Goring (An Ideal Husband): Because he's hilarious
I know I've missed some, but this is a few.