Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Life's Little Disappointments
- The end of Day-Light Savings time. (Call me crazy but I don't like it to be pitch black at 5:30PM - I like it to be pitch black at 5:30AM. I told my roommate last night that I'm going to start picketing at the state capital - which, incidentally, I only live about 5 miles from - to put an end to the end of Day-Light Savings. My sign will read "SAVE THE DAY LIGHT" - an idea from my friend, Beth.)
- The first week that I officially allow myself to pop in a Christmas CD when I so desire is forecasted to have highs near 70 (nothing says Christmas less than Indian Summer).
- My gas-light came on in Battle Creek (where gas is $2.35) instead of Lansing (where gas is $2.26).
- The "new guy" in the office (he's not new, he's just new to our office) plays weird new-age music that sounds like the stuff you'd hear at a message place.
- The first day in 3 weeks that I'm running on time, Battle Creek was sponsoring "Bozo Driver Day" on Emmett St. (which is the longest street in the county).
- I got to my doctor's appointment one day and one hour early (yeah, that was pretty much embarrassing).
- I have to stay at this joint until 5:30 tonight. >: (
Yes, life is full of little disappointments, but in the meantime, at least it will be a 65 degree, sunny day when we have to empty 2000 people out of the HDI Federal Center (do you realize how long it takes to get 2000 people out of a 13-story building? forever) for our security drill. So, that's better than last year when we spent 45 minutes in 43 degree drizzle.... that's me - always lookin' on the bright side..... :)