Monday, February 06, 2006
Reasons Why To Avoid Overstock.com
This is what I learned from spending the last hour on overstock.com. If you are a rational person, you will run now. Flee from overstock.com! You will spend your entire tax refund in one foul swoop! Escape! Save yourself!
And now, without further ado, the reasons why:
- It's a bit too easy to use (a.k.a. it doesn't discourage you from shopping by not pulling stuff up, not being able to find items, etc.).
- You will find everything of which you could possibly dream.
- You will find 17 different options (or maybe even 17 pages) of everything of which you could possibly dream.
- Everything is "affordable" (until you start buying ridiculous quantities of these affordable items).
- It has customer satisfaction ratings on many items.
- Just when you think you're finished trying to find everything of which you could possibly dream, you realize it has a "Travel" section.
- It has a "Deal of the day" page (I mean who doesn't need a Prague watch?? Especially when they're so cheap!).
- It always tells you how much you're saving. For an example, if you would like a "Prague Men's Automatic Multi-function Watch" the price you pay on Overstock would be $115.60, and it states right underneath the price:
$379.40 (77%) - Which is very helpful for anybody who doesn't have a calculator handy.
- You can sort your search by just about anything. Manufacturer, top seller, price, latest design, etc.
These reasons and many more are reasons why you too should avoid overstock.com. Beware! It will suck you in. I liken it to mosquitoes to those little buzzy-bug-killers that you hang on your patio. ~~~~~Overstock.com!~~~~~ ZZZZZZZZTT! And your dead (or at the very least broke).