Monday, January 09, 2006
Back From The Dead
But I am definitely on the mend. Saturday I only took one nap. Yesterday, none. And today, I came back to work, although everyone is kinda eyeing me suspiciously and not getting too close... just in case.
In my delirium I had several epiphanies about myself, several of which I'll share now. This is kinda like the part of "Villette" where Lucy Snowe is sick and in her feverish confusion she wandered aimlessly through the streets of Villette until she happened upon a church where she confessed to the priest. So here are the confessions of Julie, discovered in the altered state of sickness.
- Nothing is better on a sore head than a pillow sheathed in flannel under your head and a flannel sheet over it.
- No offense is greater than having to do dishes after two hours of restless sleep only wakening because you couldn't breathe... out of anything.
- Not even a box of Cheez-its can relieve cold symptoms.
- Running out of hot water while trying to take a hot bath is the second biggest offense.
- I'm addicted to Brian (there - I've said it). I went down to see him yesterday, even though I shouldn't have because he couldn't come and see me.
- Not being able to locate one (out forty or so) tube of chapstick is the third biggest offense.
- I know it sounds hokey (and maybe even a little wimpy), but I'm not convinced my nose wouldn't have to been amputated had I not used the Kleenex with lotion.
- Having to scrape an 1/8 of an inch of ice off your windshield so that you can go to Meijer to get enough food to make it through the day is the fourth largest offense.
- Having enough time to watch Episodes IV, V, and VI of Star Wars was very pleasant.
That's all my confessions for today.