Officially Technological

Monday, January 09, 2006

Back From The Dead

You may not have realized this.... but I almost died last week. Yes, died. It was horrible. I had the worst cold I've had in years. I missed almost 3 whole days of work. As it turned out, I didn't actually have a cold, I had a sinus infection, but even with antibiotics, I was pretty sick for a couple of days. On Friday I took 2 naps (both over 2 hours long) and got about 10 or 11 hours of sleep that night.

But I am definitely on the mend. Saturday I only took one nap. Yesterday, none. And today, I came back to work, although everyone is kinda eyeing me suspiciously and not getting too close... just in case.

In my delirium I had several epiphanies about myself, several of which I'll share now. This is kinda like the part of "Villette" where Lucy Snowe is sick and in her feverish confusion she wandered aimlessly through the streets of Villette until she happened upon a church where she confessed to the priest. So here are the confessions of Julie, discovered in the altered state of sickness.

That's all my confessions for today.

posted by Julie at 10:01 AM

5 Comments:

not G-illette V-illette

9/1/06 12:22  

Raincaller, your right.


...at least she made a link...

9/1/06 14:18  

Jerk.

10/1/06 09:26  

hi, I am an english major from yale and did a google of the word villet and this webpage is the only thing that came up. I am surprised that there is one other human being in the world who knows the wonderful story of "Villete"

10/1/06 18:37  

I LOVED that book! Just as much, if not more, than Jane Eyre.

12/1/06 08:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home