Thursday, January 05, 2006
- The old maxim is "starve a fever, feed a cold" (not "feed a fever, starve a cold")
- The song 'Kiss From A Rose' is sung by Seal
- "Ms" should have a period after it since it's an abbreviation. For what? For the word "mistress".
- The Monkees' song 'I'm a Believer' was written by Neil Diamond (I know, I know, I cried when I found that out too).
- Lionel Barrymore (the bad guy in "It's a Wonderful Life") is not Drew's great-grandfather, he is actually her great-uncle.
- In mathematics, the symbols "<" and ">" are not a representation for an aligator eating the smaller number as we are taught in elementary school, but were actually created by a man named Thomas Harriot who was inspired by a tatoo he saw on a Native American. The tatoo was the two symbols on top of each other.
So, there's some random stuff for a weird, coldish day in January.