Officially Technological

Monday, December 19, 2005

A Bit.... Scattered Today

I was trying to decide what to write about and then I realized I have too many things going on in my head and so little time to write about them all. So, I will write about them all in the same post and then it'll be like a cross-section of my brain activity on the Tuesday morning before Christmas one month after getting engaged.

  1. When I came to work there was a little ornament hanging off the thumb tack that holds up my frequent flyer information. Someone must have put it there before I got here this morning. It's really cute, it's one of those "Jingle Buddies" that has a big jingle bell for a bottom and the they have glittery, sparkly snowmen sticking out of the top. And it says, "Contrats on your engagement." It's really cute.
  2. Sometime this afternoon I have to go out to my car and get my phone charger and my DeBrand's chocolate. The only way I'm going to get through today is with a cell phone and chocolate.
  3. I'm a little embarrassed because every time Brian and I go shopping for his mom and dad's Christmas presents we wind up looking at towels (incidentally, Bed Bath and Beyond's "Seduction" towels are super, super soft). Literally, every, single time.
  4. I wonder if my mom is making her famous Chex-Mix and if Helen is making her famous cheeseball. My mom's Chex-Mix and aunt Helen's cheeseball makes the best Christmas meal.
  5. I ordered a HoneyBaked Ham and a roasted turkey breast to take home with me, but I ordered it for Saturday and need to pick it up on Friday. As an ex manager of a HoneyBaked Ham, I realize that nothing is more annoying as the date-changers, so I hesitate calling to tell Corey (the East Lansing manager) that I'll be in on Friday instead of Saturday. I might just show up and hope for the best.
  6. My skin has been super, super dry, and I'm beginning to wonder if maybe dry skin is more hot/cold sensitive than moisturized skin. Anyone know? I'm going to have to look that up.

With as scattered as I've been lately, I find it curious that I only have 6 things on my random-thought list. But that's what I've got for now.

posted by Julie at 11:02 AM

4 Comments:

Huh?

20/12/05 16:35  

Dry skin is definitely more sensitive.

As an ex-something-or-other at a deli, may I add that there is also nothing more irritating than to have someone stop in on New Year's Eve, 5 minutes before close, and ask to have 20 lbs of salami sliced.

Have you and Brian checked out the 500 count sheets at Bed Bath and Beyond? Fair warning. DON'T. It will make you covet.

20/12/05 17:18  

LOL! Niiiiice

22/12/05 11:01  

I'll attest to dry skin being more sensitive, at least to heat anyway. You can also ask Tif, as she was there when this phenomenon was made very obvious to me.

Ash

22/12/05 20:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home