Officially Technological

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's Seventy Four Degrees Today

It's 74 degrees right now in Ft. Wayne, Indiana (my new home town). Other things that are 74 woud be:

That's all I can think of right now. This weekend Brian and I are going to Lowell to be with his family for Easter. That should be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing people. And I have decided to make Whoopie Pies to take with us. Whoopie Pies are the treats that my family uses as an excuse to eat lots of sugar at Easter time. They're basically little round chocolate cakes (maybe 3 inches in diameter) with marshmellow creme frosting and green sprinkles (for grass) and jelly beans (to make them look especially Easter-y). Basically, it's the most amount of sugar you can cram into 7 cubic inches without having a gigantic Smartie. They're great. And this weekend is Brian's sister's (Hannah) birthday, so we will celebrate that as well. It should be fun. I'm looking forward to it.

There's a duck in the pond outside the school library (which is where I am). The duck's not moving at all, but the wind is blowing him straight across the pond... oh! He made it all the way across. I don't know why that strikes me as funny, but it does.

I got Brian The Chronicles or Narnia and gummy bears for his Easter basket, and I was so excited about it that I left it for him last night. Which makes mewonder if it was more for me than for him. Although so far I have been very good and have not even touched his gummy bears (he's hiding them in his room).

There goes another duck. LOL!

I think I'm starting to really de-stress. I was starting to feel really burnt out at my old job (which it kinda seems like I'm just taking a long vacation from). I was so tired i couldn't get anything done, and I had so much to do that even if I had had enough energy I couldn't accomplish it all in the amount of time I had. It wasn't the work so much, because as you all know, I didn't really do anything at work, I think it was the looking for a new job, moving, getting married, being sickish, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, I was really burnt out, but I'm feeling so much better now. I feel a like a human again, instead of being in survival mode all the time. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me. I think Easter should be a thankful/grateful holiday like a Thanksgiving for Christians. And that's one of the many blessings I'm thankful for this Easter. I'm thankful because for the first time in my life I'm peaceful about where my life is going. I'm really excited about marrying Brian, I'm pleased with my job, I feel like I'm doing something useful with my career, I'm happy about making Whoopie Pies and going to the in-laws' for Easter. I just feel restful. And for someone who's a little "tense" by nature, to feel "restful" is a blessed thing.

posted by Julie at 4:05 PM

4 Comments:

I can't believe you have left his gummy bears alone, you have a weakness for gummy bears.

Did you guys consider having gummy bears on the top of your cake? :)

Have fun in Lowell!

12/4/06 20:31  

You make me happy. :)

13/4/06 11:13  

Janelle - I know it! Are you impressed??? And I was there while he was at work today making Whoopie Pies and I STILL haven't touched them (the stinker hid them good).

Dona - Thanks. :)

13/4/06 17:16  

You make me smile. I always enjoy your posts. Have a great weekend!!

14/4/06 18:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home