Officially Technological

Monday, January 22, 2007

Welcome Back!

Well, Brian and I had a wonderful and relaxing weekend in Michigan. Most of the weekend was spent on the couch with snacks, and movies and cable TV, and a fire, and snow fluttering down. It was gorgeous. When we got bored with sitting there, we would casually go out to dinner, or go swimming at the club-house. It was beautiful.

But then we came back to Indiana. We got back. Late. Cranky. And had to go straight to bed, because Brian got switched to days, and I'm on days and we were both needing to get up in about 6 hours. When our alarm clock went off, Brian immediately turned on his light. Not nice. So, we got up and started our day. At first it looked like a perfectly normal and pleasant day. There's fresh snow. I was ready in time. But then my dog refused to go to the bathroom (he doesn't like winter), which was irritating, because when he doesn't go to the bathroom he has to be in his kennel until we come back from work and can take him out again. So, I stayed outside with him (way too long) because I wanted him to not have to sit in his kennel all day. Then I was running late. So, I grabbed my lunch, grabbed my purse, and headed out the door and to my car... which wouldn't start. So, since Brian was already at work, I called my brother, Jeff, who said he'd come over, but needed a shower first. So, I was sitting in my cold car, waiting for Jeff, and I called my mom, who seemed to be in a hurry and told me to try it again. So, I did, and it finally turned over and started. Jerk car. So, I made it to work 10 minutes late. Not late enough to be late. Just late enough to make my day feel 10 minutes off all day.

So, I'm trying to readjust my attitude. I need to because I'm feeling very tired, and my eyes hurt (no doubt from the light incident this morning - which Brian will get teased about later ;) ), and I'm ten minutes late. So, now that it's lunch time I'm going to take a deep breath, and try to restart my day.

Welcome back to Indiana.
posted by Julie at 12:23 PM

2 Comments:

Mondays...they will always do that to you. Your not alone in this cruel world where 1 out of 7 days is a Monday.

23/1/07 03:55  

The sad part is, sometimes it seems more like 3 out of 7 days in a Monday.

It definitely feels "Monday" this morning...even though it's really ... Tuesday?

I hope today started off better than yesterday!!

23/1/07 11:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home