Monday, July 18, 2005
Things I'm Pretty Sure About
I'm pretty sure that:
- When I leave my place on the wrong side of 7:15, it takes me 50 minutes to get to work, but if I leave my place on the right side of 7:15, it takes me 40 minutes to get to work.
- A pen with a Koosh ball for hair, and huge googly eyes that says "We're WILD About Our Staff" is not a good indication that DRMS is, indeed, "wild" about their staff.
- My co-workers have been stealing my gum (I tricked them, I put Big Red in my cup, instead of my normal Orbit. That seems to have cut back on how many pieces I have left when I come in).
- I have enough 1 cent stamps in my drawer to send out a letter with just those (our stamp machine downstairs doesn't "deal" with pennies, so you have to put in 40 cents and then you get a 37 cent stamp and three 1 cent stamps).
- Carmex makes my lips weird and peely.
- The rule "I before E, except after C" is complete bunk.
- The project that I am "currently" working on is the most miserable waste of time (I have rolled my eyes over this contract more times than I can count. I think they give me stuff to straighten out that is totally sloppy because I'm a "details" *insert eye roll here* person).
- I have gotten less personal phone calls at work in one year than my cube-mate has gotten this morning.
Maybe tomorrow I'll write about things that I'm sure about. :)