Tuesday, August 16, 2005
A Fit Of "Girl"
- Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" on CD to listen to on my commute.
- William Makepeace Thackery's "Vanity Fair" in book form to read during the breaks of the class I'm in this week.
- "Anne of Avonlea" the video, to watch yesterday evening.
After the library I went to Meijer (my favorite place) and got groceries, and went home to veg in front of Anne for the duration of the evening. And veg I did until 12:35 this morning. I learned some things that I hadn't noticed before in Anne of Avonlea. And I think I now realize what is out-of-place in my life. Perhaps it's not that I have a crazy hectic job that may move me to a different part of the country at any moment, or that I have a car that is more stubborn than me (and insists on breaking down every six months on the dot), or that I have a ridiculously long commute to both work and to church. No, these aren't the things that are wrong with my life. I have been schooled by Anne on what is truly wrong. And here is a list:
- I don't live in a place that has enough mist. (Have you ever noticed how pleasantly "misty" Avonlea is??)
- I don't throw wild theatricals to solve my problems. (Wouldn't the world be a better place if we used plays to solve all of our problems??)
- I don't use everyone's full name when I speak to them. ("Anne Shirley!" and "Gilbert Blythe" and "Marilla Cuthbert"....)
- When I get myself in trouble it's not endearing. (I mean, if some guy caught me dancing with, and talking to myself, he'd probably think I was a major nut job - not propose marriage practically on the spot.) :)
- I don't use monstrous adjectives. (I could actually work on that. Maybe I'll start incorporating more brilliant and tremendous adjectives in my daily speak... How was that??)
- I don't have absolutely huge, red hair. (I mean, how could you not like a person with wispy red hair?)
So, these are some of the things that is wrong with my life. As a disclaimer, I actually love the stories of Ann with an "e". They're great, I just thought this was funny.