Officially Technological

Monday, June 30, 2008

So Brave, Young, and Handsome

OK, I'm not big on recommending things like books, movies, or music. It makes me feel responsible. However, some times something touches me enough that I want to recommend it. So, here goes. I'm going to recommend "So Brave, Young and Handsome" by Leif Enger. I may be somewhat biased because I liked Leif Enger's style so much, that when Brian and I saw his new book on the shelf at Barnes and Noble, we had to get it. Well, I read it in about a week (which for me is pretty good since I don't usually invest a lot of time in reading - I know it's shameful). It was great. Someone online called it a "smooth mix of romanticism and gritty reality." By gritty they mean literally. :) Just thinking about the book makes me a little itchy thinking about sleeping outside for weeks at a time as I'm traveling through the prairie states. Anyway, it's a good book, if you like gritty reality and romanticism, it may be the book for you.
posted by Julie at 9:37 PM

3 Comments:

I don't know this author. What else has he written? What makes you like his style so much?

3/7/08 10:22  

He wrote "Peace Like a River." That was probably more of an "important" book that "So Brave Young and Handsome". I like his style mostly because he writes about totally mundane things in a romantic way. Nothing that he writes about is particularly interesting, but the way he writes it is so life-like and so romantisized that it makes you remember how cool it is to do mundane things like work in a factory or take a little boat ride etc. etc.

10/7/08 20:20  

خدمات منزلية بأرخص الأسعار عالية الدقة قمة التميز في إختيار ماكينات التنظيف أيادي عاملة خبرة منذ سنوات كافة عوامل النجاح تتوفر في شركة التميز الجنوبي يمكنكم التتبع والتواصل معنا عبر الروابط التالية :.شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة تنظيف منازل بابها
شركة تنظيف فلل بابها
شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة تنظيف بابها




13/10/19 15:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home