Officially Technological

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Updates (for lack of a more creative title)

My life has been pretty hectic lately. There's a lot of stuff that I think about and say, I should post about that, and then never post it. Like the time the bread exploded for no good reason in our bread machine. Or when I got my computer (it's Pacific Blue), etc. etc. But then it's been so busy, and when it's not busy, I'm too tired. Like tonight. Brian's going to work at Park Center tonight, and what will I do?? Most likely, I'll sit on the couch and make sure that Sam and Maggie don't kill each other. Anyway, for those of you who haven't heard, I will be going back to school. I start May 3rd. I have a couple of months off in the summer, but it will still be a lot different. The other day I got school supplies. I got this great little black tote with pockets on the front and I got a big ol' fat notebook and I got a little zipper bag for my pens and pencils and paper clips and such, and I got a new mechanical pencil (very important), and all that great stuff. I feel really smart. I love school. It's so funny to feel that way because when I graduated from college I was officially burnt out and I thought that I would never want to go back to school or step a toe inside a school, but here I am. Going back and stepping toes.

I'm also trying (desperately) to finish a quilt I've been working on since New Years. It's been a thorn in my side. For some reason everything that could go wrong went wrong, so I had to completely start over, and now I am so sick of the entire project that I just leave it sitting around instead of finishing it. But I hope to have it done this weekend so I can start on something I actually want to do. I think it's going to look cute. And I love the fabric, but I'm so tired of working on it. I think I'm one of those people who just likes to do a project and get it done and move on.

Maggie's getting HUGE. She's soooo tall. She's starting to look like an adult dog. She's very pretty. She's doing pretty well. She had an accident last night, which baffled us, but other than that she's normally a really good little puppy. She sometimes bites Sam's ankles, which distresses him. But I think that's all part of being a puppy.

Anyway, I started this post thinking that it may be my last. Thinking that I should just say how busy I am (and about to get busier) and forget the blog. But then I realized that if I had no blog I would have no forum to voice my random nonsense. And I don't think I'm ready to take that step yet. :) Not that I'm officially technological with my new computer, I can hardly not maintain my blog, right??
posted by Julie at 1:21 PM

4 Comments:

don't you dare stop your blog. and i hope the frustrating quilt is not the one on our behalf. :( :)
shar

24/4/08 10:16  

nope. it's not. i want to finish the frustrating quilt so i can start the one on your behalf. :)

24/4/08 16:35  

I think that people shouldn't apologize when they don't blog, and I don't think you should feel like it's an obligation. After all, you started it for fun not work. Keep the fun, lose the guilt. I like to hear your thoughts when you have time for them, and when you don't, it's one click to move on to the next blog :-)

love ya!

27/4/08 16:36  

As someone who has blogged and then quit blogging, I can speak from personal experience. Within months after you get burned out and quit, you'll wish you hadn't.

I enjoy your posts and hope you'll keep it up whenever you have time and motivation. ;)

28/4/08 18:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home