Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Things That Happen When I'm Forced To Get Creative
- The projector's light bulb pooped so now we can't watch any movies - so I'm planning a fishing trip. Mostly for Brian, but it would be nice to hang out on a pontoon all day with a Coke, and my boy, and maybe some brownies or something.
- I'm bored - I'm in the process of getting a random job at Science Central, a learning place for kids where they use a lot of "gook" and take care of King Henry, their pet snake.
- I need a good wind-down activity to do while I'm waiting for Brian to get home - I started playing the piano again.
- I have writer's block from writing thank-you's - I'm thinking of starting a new project. I'm thinking about learning how to knit with wire.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
I Blame Joni Mitchell
Everyone knows that I suffer from a rare disorder in which I periodically listen to Christmas music during a non-Christmas season. Well, I fell off the wagon again, and found myself digging frantically through my Christmas collection to find all my favorite songs, but then somehow.... somewhere (mid-panic) I had an epiphany. The reaosn I do this every year (and sometimes several times a year) is because of Joni Mitchell. If it weren't for Joni Mitchell, my break-downs my never happen! Here's how. I like (no, love) Joni's song "Both Ways Now", it's a favorite. And every time I get an urge to hear it, I pop in the "Love Actually" sound-track. Which is the CD that I own with that song on it. For those of you who don't know, "Love Actually" is a Christmas movie, so when I pop in the CD, it goes from Joni, to "White Christmas", and well, you know how addicts are. So, I say it's Joni's fault that I am unstable.
I wonder if I could sue?......... Just joking of course
Monday, August 14, 2006
Do You Know The Kind Of Day?.....
- That you get woken up out of stage five slumber by your ringing cell phone at 9:30?
- That you get your day started at 11 and it's not a Saturday?
- When everything takes twice as long as your expecting it to?
- When only half of your four students come to class (you do the math)?
- When it sprinkles all day but never rains?
- That all the food in your house takes "too long to make" but the most complicated item in the house is cereal?
- You never seem to wake up?
- Walking out to the mailbox seemed like an accomplishment?
Because if you know that kind of day, you know what kind of day I'm having. Bleh. When Brian left at two this afternoon we had literally done nothing but read a little, eat a little, and shower. It is definately a lazy day.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
- Conspicuous (I'm typing this from a computer hooked up to a monsterous projector at work.)
- Tired (I have been wierdly tired lately. Don't know why)
- Excited (I got training today at work on how to use the "black box" in the classroom which is basically the computer system).
- Hungry (so far for dinner I have had a half of a bowl of Smart Start and a bag of Cheetos).
- Accomplished (I have already updated my students' grades - and it's only the second day of class)
- Relieved (Brian has tomorrow evening off and he gets to go to church with me).
Thursday, August 03, 2006
If I Didn't Know Any Better....
- Summer vacation is too long for the little monsters that take up all of my computer time for games at the library (although, oddly enough, summer vacation is always too short for the people teaching the monsters)
- Our mailman is Newman
- My hair is growing at the alarming rate of an inch a day
- Using nail polish is not a good diversion to get me to stop biting my nails
- Our hand-held game of Tetris is the most useful gaget in our house
- Our whisk is the other most useful gaget